The truth about
from the editors of Christian Crusade Newspaper, now in our 58th year of publication
~ Billy James Hargis II, Publisher ~ Keith Wilkerson, Managing Editor
According to the leftist mythology that’s been built up over the last 50 years Che Guevara was a brave, noble soldier who loved freedom and sacrificed his life so that others could achieve it.
Ha! Here are ten Che facts that the corrupted news media never mentions. Ten things that, if they were widely known, would contribute to far fewer T-shirt sales.
1. Che’s famous motorcycle tour of South American is mostly myth. The motorcycle broke down early in the trek and it was completed with other means of transportation.
2. Che was nicknamed Chancho (Pig) by his schoolmates because he rarely bathed.
3. Guevara had hundreds of Cuban government officials executed. Notice that the phrase “fair trial” was conspicuously absent from the previous sentence.
4. He so enjoyed the executions that he became a brutal murderer. He trained and commanded firing squads that executed thousands of men, women and children deemed enemies by the new Castro regime. He once put a bullet in the head of a fellow guerrilla he suspected of disloyalty.
5. He opposed freedom of speech, religion, press, assembly and protest.
6. All those college kids wearing their Che T-shirts might be surprised to learn that he supported the repression of rock ‘n roll in Cuba.
7. Che never won a Nobel Prize for Economics with good reason. Castro put him in charge of the Cuban economy, but his strident communism immediately put it on a downward economic death spiral.
8. Che fled Cuba in the mid-1960s not to spread Communism throughout the hemisphere, but because he had so totally screwed up his private life. He was a profligate adulterer who deserted two wives, countless mistresses and numerous children.
9. Che hoped that the Cuban missile crisis would lead to an atomic war. “What we affirm is that we must proceed along the path of liberation,” he said, “even if this costs millions of atomic victims.”
10. Members of the Che cult claim his last words were, “I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man.” However, far from bravely facing a martyr’s death, Che’s captors reported that he begged for his life saying, “Do not shoot! I am Che Guevara and worth more to you alive than dead.”
Ironic, isn’t it, that Che’s last words were as wrong as his entire philosophy of life. As T-shirt vendors around the world have discovered, he has actually been worth far more dead than alive.